Toronto Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Drivers have a responsibility to share the road and exercise caution around their fellow motorists. Unfortunately, many drivers fail to watch for motorcycles when they are driving and end up causing serious collisions. Far too often, negligence on the part of any other type of vehicle driver leads to severe or fatal injuries and property damage for motorcyclists. Every motorist deserves to feel safe on the road, so when negligent and reckless drivers compromise the safety of motorcyclists, they deserve to be accountable.
The Toronto motorcycle accident lawyers at Mazin & Associates, PC have seen the damage that negligence on the road can cause in the lives of accident victims. We also realize how difficult it can be to recover following a serious accident. That is why our lawyers have spent years fighting on the side of people who were wrongfully injured. If a reckless driver caused a motorcycle accident that injured you or someone you love, you could be entitled to compensation. To learn more about your options, contact our office by calling (416) 625-2122, beginning a live chat on our website, or sending us an email.
Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
A large number of motorcyclists who are seriously injured in accidents never reach out to a lawyer. Some injured bikers assume their case will not be worth anything to them while others feel like a jury will not believe their claim because some Canadians have a negative view of motorcyclists. The truth is that a motorcycle accident case can help you obtain the compensation you need to physically and financially recover from your accident. In addition, lawyers can help you with the following:
- Filing paperwork by certain deadlines
- Collecting evidence, including medical bills, police reports, and photographs from your accident
- Negotiating a settlement with your insurance company or the other motorist’s lawyers
- Advocating for you and court if your case needs to be taken to trial
After a motorcycle accident, the stakes are high. The choice to hire a qualified personal injury lawyer can make a big difference in deciding the outcome of your case. If you have suffered serious or expensive damages and have never navigated the legal system, having a lawyer on your side can mean the difference between struggling and recovering after an accident.
Why Should I Choose Mazin & Associates, PC?
If you were the victim of a motorcycle accident in Toronto, there are numerous law firms you can turn to for help. It can be difficult to determine which personal injury lawyer will best be able to help your case and get you the results you need. These are some reasons we think our firm could be a good fit for your needs:
- “Above and beyond”: Clients regularly tell us that our firm goes above and beyond to help them obtain results from their case. We aim above all else to help clients rebuild their lives after accidents, and we put in the effort to make that change happen.
- Unmatched experience: Gary Mazin has represented thousands of people in personal injury cases. This level of experience gives the firm a deep understanding of the law and is a benefit to our clients.
- No fees unless we get results: We realize how difficult it can be to find a lawyer while you are recovering from an accident. One common concern when looking for legal help is the cost. At Mazin & Associates, PC, we do not charge you a dime unless we obtain results for you.
Above all else, our focus on caring and compassionate advocacy shows our clients that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We seek to make our services accessible to any accident victim in need of legal help, and we want to fight for your compensation after a motorcycle accident.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Far too often, motorcyclists receive a harsh public reputation for speeding, splitting lanes, and driving recklessly. However, the vast majority of motorcycle riders obey all traffic laws, and only a fraction of them ride in a way that endangers others—similarly to any other group of motorists. Motorcycle accidents are not typically the fault of the biker at all. More often than not, motorcycle accidents are caused by negligent drivers. These accidents happen for countless reasons, but some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drunk Driving: Driving while intoxicated or under the influence is one of the most dangerous decisions a motorist can make. Drunk driving impairs the ability to make reasonable decisions and can lead to serious and even fatal injuries.
- Speeding: Although many people speed on a regular basis and assume it will not cause any harm, driving too fast can make a vehicle collision even worse. In motorcycle accidents, speeding can make it more likely that the motorcyclist will depart from the roadway or sustain life-threatening injuries.
- Negligence: When it comes to motorcycle accidents, negligence is any action that is reckless, careless, or not one a reasonable driver would take. Failing to stop at a red light, driving too fast for certain weather conditions, and not observing a motorcyclist are all negligent actions that lead to accidents.
- Driver Error: With the amount that people drive and the inability for human perfection, motorists will inevitably make mistakes while driving. However, when instances of driver error cause serious accidents and injuries, drivers need to be held accountable for their mistakes.
- Failing to Yield: Traffic signals, including lights, signs, and markers, all indicate when drivers should go and when they should stop. When drivers fail to abide by these rules, the consequences are often severe.
- Reckless Driving: All motorists have an obligation to act with reasonable care toward other people on the road. When drivers speed, get behind the wheel drunk, or do not obey traffic laws, they put every other driver at risk.
- Road Rage: Anger while driving is common, but it is unacceptable when road rage leads to collisions or other injuried. If a driver was visibly angry or trying to swerve around you when they caused your motorcycle accident, that information can be used to support your case.
Motorcycles are a fun and affordable method of transportation, but when drivers around motorcycle riders fail to treat them with reasonable care, tragic accidents can occur. If you were the victim of a motorcycle accident, do not hesitate to reach out to a lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation for the damages you have suffered.
How Will Obtaining Compensation Help Me?
Some injured motorcycle accident victims never file a lawsuit because they assume it will not help them. The truth is, if you had to pay for the expenses of your accident out of pocket, fighting for a settlement or trial can actually be very beneficial. For example, filing a motorcycle accident case can provide compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Insurance payments
- Damage to your bike
- Lost wages
- Future recovery costs, including therapy
If your accident was particularly severe, it is probably worthwhile to seek money for damages. The ongoing cost of recovery can be difficult to determine, but a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer can make sure you get the money you need for present and future expenses. Remember, our lawyers do not charge you any money unless we provide results for your case. If you are still unsure about whether to pursue compensation, call our office to arrange a free initial consultation.
Click HERE to read about our landmark win against the License Appeal Tribunal.
Canadian Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
The small size of motorcycles often results in drivers failing to see bikers on the road. Too often, the mistakes of other motorists cause serious accidents in motorcycle injury cases. Even the most skilled bikers who exercise all safety precautions are unable to eliminate the risk of a motorcycle accident injury completely. Motorcycle accidents also tend to cause more severe injuries because the motorcyclist does not have the protection of a car body. According to Transport Canada, in 2015 there were:
- 161,802 total injuries caused by collisions
- 1,858 fatalities caused by collisions
- 200 motorcyclists killed in collisions (10.8% of all driver deaths)
- 1,243 motorcyclists who sustained serious injuries (12.1% of all serious injuries)
Unfortunately, death or injuries ranging from fractures to amputations to head and spinal cord injuries are frequent outcomes of a serious motorcycle accident. Because of the increased chance of serious injury or death, the consequences of a motorcycle accident are often much steeper for motorcyclists than they are for other drivers. If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, contact our firm to learn more about your legal options.
Contact a Toronto Personal Injury Lawyer
The costs of a motorcycle accident are hard to quantify. A serious accident can touch every aspect of your life, including your employment, financial security, and family stability. At Mazin & Associates, PC, we believe that an accident should not ruin an undeserving person’s life. Our lawyers can help you receive the money you need to get your life back on track. Contact our lawyers at one of our Ontario locations today to get started with a free case evaluation by engaging in the live chat on our website, sending us an email, or calling (416) 625-2122.