Toronto Transradial Amputation Lawyers
Were you in an accident that was not your fault and led to the amputation of your arm below the elbow? If so, you were the victim of someone else’s negligence, and you likely deserve compensation for the lifelong pain they have caused you, as well as for the inconvenience of the lifestyle changes you will have to implement in your life. An amputation of the forearm, known as a transradial amputation, is a devastating injury that affects every aspect of your life.
Our experienced Toronto transradial amputation lawyers want to help you seek justice. We proudly serve the Toronto area, and it brings our team so much joy when we can help a client find justice at such a difficult time in their life. It is your right to be able to seek compensation for something that happened through no fault of your own, and here at Mazin & Associates, PC, you won’t pay anything until your case is settled or won. Sign up for your free consultation by calling Mazin & Associates, PC at (416) 625-2122, contacting us online, or chatting with us through the live chat feature of our website.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer to Represent Me?
A patient’s postamputation team should include their surgeon, a prosthetist, a physical therapist, a counselor, and nurses. We would argue that a lawyer is as integral to an amputee’s recovery as the rest of the group; a lawyer takes on the responsibilities of your lawsuit so that you can relax and focus your attention on healing.
While, technically, you would be allowed to represent yourself in a personal injury lawsuit, we highly recommend that you consult with a lawyer. Personal injury lawyers are experienced in handling the legal proceedings that take place during court. They can help you navigate the often complex and confusing legal system so that there’s only one thing left for you to do: tell your story truthfully. Lawyers have the necessary knowledge to get you through your personal injury case with the least amount of stress as possible. Statistically, people who have lawyers representing them win up to three times as much in compensation than those who don’t. Our lawyers are experts in the field of personal injury law, and we have no doubt they could help you go after the person or people responsible for the loss of your arm.
Insurance companies know exactly what to say to try to prevent you from getting the full amount you deserve. Your lawyer will know how to protect you from these attacks and will support you until your case is settled or won. It may seem stressful right now, but our lawyers will be by your side every step of the way.
Why Hire Mazin & Associates, PC to Handle My Case?
For years, our lawyers have helped the people of Toronto through some of the toughest situations imaginable. Over our many years of service, we have won millions of dollars for our clients. Because of our experience in this area, we understand how difficult this situation must be for you, and we want to support you every step of the way. We have a deep commitment to customer service, as evidenced by our A+ Better Business Bureau rating. But we are also aggressive fighters when it comes to negotiating with the opposition and advocating for your rights. We are also aware of how difficult it can be to afford a lawyer alongside hefty medical bills, which is why we have a policy of covering all legal fees until after a case has been won or settled.
Amputation Cases Our Firm Handles
There are many incidents, from physical trauma to infections, that necessitate the amputation of a limb. The amputation injury lawyers of Mazin & Associates, PC have seen it all, and no matter the reason or who caused it, we want to help you. Some of the amputation cases we have handled in the past include:
- Animal bites — Severe bites from an animal can lead to amputation in extreme cases.
- Frostbite — Occurs when your body tissues get so cold that they are damaged beyond repair, occasionally leading to gangrene.
- Infection — Infection can lead to amputation, especially if it is a fast-spreading infection.
- Burns — If you lose your protective layer of skin, it becomes much easier for the flesh to become infected and die.
- Car accidents — A common form of trauma where an amputation may become necessary if the bones are so severely broken that an orthopedic surgeon can’t repair them.
- Other trauma — Various kinds of accidents or other injuries can damage the arm beyond repair.
- Medical malpractice — If a doctor made the mistake that led to the loss of your arm, including amputating the wrong arm, they might also owe you compensation.
It’s a long road to recovery, and you are deserving of any money that can help you get there. It’s not fair that your life is going to change drastically as a result of an accident you did not cause.
If other side effects of an amputation develop, you may also be able to receive compensation. Some secondary effects after an amputation can include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder — If you are affected by PTSD after your accident, you may qualify to seek compensation to pay for counseling or therapy.
- Postoperative infections — These infections can happen because of the nature of the accident or as a result of a physician’s oversight during surgery.
- Phantom limb pain (PLP) — This type of pain, which includes feeling pain, burning, or itching in the place of the limb that was amputated, is likely caused by the aftermath of the trauma done to the nerves in your limb.
- Emotional damages — Losing a limb can be emotionally devastating for you and can affect your relationships as well.
You may be able to recover financial compensation for the above-listed complications, as well as your medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity, rehabilitative costs, and more.
Contact Mazin & Associates, PC Today
Our lawyers are everyday people who live in Toronto, love their neighbors, and will stop at nothing to seek justice. If you lost your limb due to someone else’s carelessness, our lawyers want to help you.
If you are considering seeking compensation, don’t wait any longer. Our consultations are free, and you will not pay anything for legal services unless we get money for you. To schedule your consultation with one of our experienced Toronto amputation injury lawyers, contact Mazin & Associates, PC at (416) 625-2122, contact us online, or start a live chat on our website.